Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Rocco, Ivy, and Kayleigh's Articles

Rocco's articles were about masculinity and what society needs to do to foster a more accepting place for young men and boys. What really stuck me was the first article when the author explains how his father died. He also goes on to explain that he used humor to cover up his feelings and make the situation more acceptable for himself and others. I could see his humor right off the bat, and almost didn't believe that his father had really died. I think it is really interesting that humor is such a big part of this article because it almost part of the problem. While the author was able to express himself with comedy, he still he,d back a lot of his emotions in order to keep everyone else from feeling a similar kind of pain.

I found Ivy's articles very interesting and interesting in the fact that she will be looking at death and how we as a society interact with it. I think she has a lot of possibilities with her essay and I'm excited to see where she goes. I really liked the essay about Molly Moran and her missing sister because it includes a lot of the same principles we've been talking about this semester. She even references some of the authors we've looked at. What I liked about her essay was how she was able to identify with her writing students once she began her project. It seems to have been something that she did after healing in some way, rather than it being the biggest source of healing for her.

For Kayleigh's essay, I'm a little confused as to what she will be focusing on other than the unconscious since only one link was posted. But I think she can do a lot, especially with what she talked about after fall break regarding her essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment